Helpful tips to prevent re-infection
- Treat the whole family at the same time.
- Shower rather than take a bath for several days after treatment to wash any remaining eggs away from the anal region.
- Children’s clothing and bed linen should be washed in hot water, which kills any eggs.
- Do not shake or flick the bed clothes and linen when removing them for washing.
- Disinfect common living areas such as bathrooms, showers and toilet seats.
- Encourage children to wash their hands with soap and water, especially after using the toilet and before meals.
- Keep fingernails short and clean.
- Discourage finger sucking.